Colgate-Palmolive’s senior management actively supports the work of our Ethics and Compliance function, which oversees compliance with Colgate’s Code of Conduct and Business Practices Guidelines. To this end the Ethics and Compliance Committee, comprised of senior Colgate-Palmolive executives, has been established.
The primary role of the Ethics & Compliance Committee is as follows:
- To assist the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors in overseeing the Ethics & Compliance Organization and its activities by providing senior management oversight.
- To assist the Ethics & Compliance Organization in accomplishing its mission by providing cross-functional resources to the Organization as appropriate.
- To provide feedback to and consult with the Ethics & Compliance Organization, thereby providing that Organization with clear cross-functional input as to the appropriateness and effectiveness of the Organization’s initiatives.
- To provide to the Ethics & Compliance Organization such other assistance and support as may from time to time be considered appropriate by the Committee.
The membership of the Ethics & Compliance Committee is selected from the senior management of the Company in a way to provide the Ethics & Compliance Organization with a broad connection across the functions and organizations of the Company. The Committee is co-chaired by the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Legal Officer and Secretary. At the current time, the Committee consists of:
- Chairman, President & CEO
- Chief Legal Officer and Secretary
- Group Presidents
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Internal Governance Officer
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Chief of Staff
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Supply Chain Officer
- Chief Communications Officer
- Chief Procurement Officer
- Chief Technology Officer
The responsibilities of the Committee include the following:
- Oversee Ethics and Compliance’s efforts to ensure that the Company has established formal compliance-related policies, guidelines and standards (the "Compliance Program") that are subject to periodic review and update;
- Advise and assist Ethics and Compliance so that such policies, guidelines and standards are effectively communicated to appropriate employee groups through effective training programs and other communication initiatives;
- Review Ethics and Compliance’s quarterly investigation reports and other reports to assess its monitoring and implementation of the Compliance Program;
- Review and approve new programs as necessary to enhance the effectiveness of the Compliance Program;
- Support adequate resources and systems for investigation of potential Compliance Program violations reported to Ethics and Compliance;
- Review Compliance Risk Assessments led by Ethics and Compliance;
- Act on recommendations from the Chief Internal Governance Officer such as adopting policies, identifying and prioritizing compliance risks, and implementing strategies for mitigating them; and
- Otherwise provide oversight and assistance to enhance the ongoing performance and effectiveness of the Compliance Program.
Updated February 2021