OUR PURPOSE: Why We Exist
We are Colgate, a caring, innovative growth company that is reimagining a healthier future for all people, their pets and our planet.
OUR VALUES: Who We Are
By living our Colgate Values of Caring, Global Teamwork and Continuous Improvement, we create a culture in which people act as a team, working together toward common goals. Colgate’s three fundamental values are part of everything we do.
The Company cares about people: Colgate people, customers, consumers, shareholders and business partners. Our Company is committed to act with compassion, integrity, honesty and the highest ethical standards in all situations, to listen with respect to others and to value differences. The Company is also committed to protect the global environment, to enhance the communities where Colgate people live and work, and to comply with all laws and regulations.
All Colgate people are part of a global team, committed to working together across countries and throughout the world. Only by sharing ideas, technologies and talents can the Company achieve and sustain profitable growth.
Colgate is committed to getting better every day in everything it does, as individuals and as teams. Our Company will be successful by better understanding consumers’ and customers’ expectations and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services and processes.
LEADERSHIP PRINCIPLES: How We Lead
- Listen with empathy
- Speak openly
- Grow together
Create the Future
- Pursue our curiosity
- Courageously change
- Recognize progress
Commit to Impact
- Provide clarity
- Take ownership
- Do what’s right
F.E.E.D.: How We Work
Focused on our strategic priorities
Empowered and accountable teams
Experimental to accelerate innovation and learning
Digital connected and data-driven
- Demonstrate Colgate’s Values
- Maintain the highest ethical standards and demonstrate ethical leadership.
- Familiarize yourself and comply with Colgate policies, Business Practices Guidelines and the Code of Conduct.
- Hold yourself and your colleagues accountable for ethical behavior. Challenge behavior that conflicts with Colgate policies or the Code of Conduct.
- Never retaliate against colleagues who speak up about an issue or concern.
- If you’re uncertain, ask questions and consult with your Manager, Human Resources, the Global Legal Organization or Ethics and Compliance.
The Role Of Colgate People Managers:
We look to Colgate people managers to lead responsibly by setting the example and exhibiting sound decision-making. Your responsibilities as Colgate people managers include:
- Setting the right example by acting with integrity, treating others with respect and serving as a role model of the highest ethical standards.
- Reiterating the importance of ethical values and the Company’s commitment to ethical behavior.
- Maintaining an open-door policy.
- Creating a positive work environment where your team feels comfortable coming to you to raise concerns, seek advice or report suspected misconduct.
- Reaffirming the Company’s nonretaliation policy.
- If you’re uncertain, consult your Manager, Human Resources, the Global Legal Organization or Ethics and Compliance.
To obtain additional information, please refer to the online video Guidance for Managers on Speaking Up, which can be found on the Ethics and Compliance webpage on ourcolgate.com or on the Ethics and Compliance App.